Thursday 10 May 2012

Sticky Fingers by Sam Smith

‘That’s my superpower?’

‘Yes.’

‘It’s not very good, is it?’

‘You can take it or leave it. I’m very busy.’

‘No, I’ll have it, but what does it mean?’

‘Your fingers will be sticky.’

‘I guessed that.’

‘What else would you like to know about your power?’

‘What does it do?’

‘You will be able to hold things very well.’

‘Can I, like, climb up walls with my hands?

‘No, they’re not that sticky.’

‘That’s a bit shit.’

‘I’m sorry, you are quite heavy. Maybe if you lost some weight you-’

‘Hey, steady on!’

‘I apologise. Is there anything else you would like to know?’

‘Well, can I turn it off and on?’

‘No. You fingers will be constantly sticky.’

‘How am I going to be able to saves lives with that?’

‘You probably won’t.’

‘That’s stupid! Where’s the “With great power comes great responsibility” or whatever?’

‘You do not have to worry about that phrase.’

‘Why not?’

‘Because having sticky fingers is not a great power.’

No comments:

Post a Comment