Monday 27 January 2014

Friends with Kids by Lesley Whyte

"So, what do we have planned for the weekend?"

"Well, Marcy's boy is having his Christening on Saturday morning, then we're supposed to skip out early to go to lunch with Helen and Joel to celebrate their upcoming bundle of joy. Saturday afternoon, we have to go buy a gift for Lena, and we'll have to spend a lot of money because her college friend is getting her the pushchair. You know, the one I showed you online? They don't even talk anymore. We're going to have to really step up our game. I was Googling for ideas all day, but I've got nothing. Anyway, it's her co-ed baby shower on Saturday evening, so we both get to go. Which is kind of nice, actually, and it means we only have to give one gift, unlike at Sarah's shower, when she and Ethan expected separate gifts at their stupid separate parties. And then there's Sunday, which is just-"

"You want to go away this weekend?"

"We can't. People are expecting-"

"So tell them I surprised you. Blame me, I don't care."

"I...really?"

"Yeah. I'm thinking somewhere with a beach that serves cocktails."



No comments:

Post a Comment