Monday 13 January 2014

Harsh Times by Lesley Whyte

It was just so unexpected, really. I mean, I can't believe he'd do that to me. What kind of father just cuts up your credit cards? I know things have been difficult since he lost his job, but really, what am I supposed to do now? He told me to get a job. A job. Can you believe that? He doesn't even have a job and now he expects me to get one.

Watermelon Sunrise, please.

He says I'm going to have to start paying my own rent, that I'll probably have to find a cheaper place to live. He wants me to leave my home. I've had to sell everything. Everything. My car, my jewellery, my couture. It's barbaric. This is the last luxury I have left, getting my nails done. Who knows when I'll be able to afford it again? I might have to start painting my own. I mean, can you imagine? What kind of lawless heathen actually paints nails?

Oh, no offence, Mara.



No comments:

Post a Comment