Tuesday 14 January 2014

127 Hours by Lesley Whyte

127 hours.

That's how long the journey takes. It sounds like a long time, but that's what...like, five days? Five days is nothing. A blip. And you'll be asleep for most of it. If you think about it, you won't even be aware of what's happening. You'll be fast asleep and dreaming. It'll be nice. Peaceful. You'll feel so rested when you wake up, ready to face anything. You'll wake up fresh and ready to face the brand new world when you arrive.

At least, that's what I've been trying to convince myself of. It all goes flying out of my head when they approach me with the tube that fills my lungs with that horrible cold gunk. Cryogenic liquid, they called it in briefing. Horrible cold gunk is more appropriate.

127 hours.

Five days.

Just five days, Mags. You can do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment