Tuesday 7 January 2014

Mean Girls by Carolyn Glass

The best days are the ones where I‘m invisible to them, when they find someone else to torment because their face doesn’t fit, or they don’t wear the right labels, or do too well in class.

I used to be part of the group, but then Dad lost his job and I couldn’t keep up with the latest fashions, and decided that I needed to get some decent qualifications so that I could have a chance of the future and career that I aspired to. First the invitations stopped, they knew I couldn’t afford to go out so much, and if I did, I couldn’t keep up in the fashion stakes. Then the snarky comments, finally outright scorn and ridicule whenever they could spare the time to torment me.

Mum said they only tease because I react, that they will soon lose interest if I ignore them. Well she must have forgotten what it’s like to be at school, because ignoring them isn’t helping at all. So today I’m going to make a stand. They’ll see I can be a mean girl too, the ones that survive that is.



No comments:

Post a Comment