Monday 13 January 2014

Harsh Times by Carolyn Glass

I’m sorry, Miss Jones, but the only option is redundancy, business is down and we simply have to cut costs, and our biggest expense is salaries. No, I wasn’t aware that you were getting married next month or that you’ve just taken out a hefty mortgage based on your current salary here. 


Well, we all have to make sacrifices, I’ve had to forgo replacing my Jaguar this year, and I’ll have to holiday in Europe rather than my usual 6 weeks in the States this summer. Please stop making a scene, the customers will think there is a problem. Perhaps it would be better if you left now rather than working out your notice, don’t worry, I’ll deduct the rest of the month’s salary from your final pay cheque, don’t let the door hit you on your way out.



No comments:

Post a Comment