Monday 27 January 2014

Clash of the Titans by Lesley Whyte

"We'll come around from the left, they won't be expecting that. Look, see how they've set up ninety per cent of their defences on the right side? Protecting the moutain pass? That's the obvious way into the capital, because it's the stupid answer. I know that sounds silly, but that's warfare for you. Why would we attack them head-on? We'd try and sneak around through the mountains, surprise them, so they'll expect us to do that and in fact they're there, waiting to ambush us. We need to surprise them by doing the obvious. That's how wars are won."

"Dude, it's just a game."

"So?"

"So...stop acting like we're saving the world or something."

"You just don't get it."

"True. Very true."

"I don't think I want to play with you anymore."

"Really, because I'm sure I don't want to play with you."

"Fine, go away, then."

"No. I can sit here."

"I'm on the computer."

"And I'm just sitting near it."

"I hate you. Get away from me."
"No, screw you."

"I'll tell Mum."

"And I'll unplug your stupid game."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

"MUM!"



No comments:

Post a Comment