Monday 27 January 2014

Hereafter by Lesley Whyte

"And then you just need to sign here and then we're done. You're completely signed over to us - you don't have to worry about doing anything for yourself anymore. We'll make all your decisions for you, we'll take care of everything. You can just relax and enjoy things. Hereafter, we'll make sure you don't make any mistakes. Won't that be nice?"

I hesitate. I booked my holiday for the wrong weekend. It cost me an absolute fortune. I simply can't be trusted to do things on my own. This is for the best. I don't care that everyone says they want control of people for nefarious reasons. I just know I can't be trusted as we go forward.

I sign the paper.

"There. That was easy, wasn't it? From now on, nothing will be more difficult than that. We'll take care of you, we'll take care of everything."



No comments:

Post a Comment