Thursday 9 January 2014

Freaky Friday by Lesley Whyte

Put yourself in my position, please. I mean, really, just take a moment and really think about what happened. You'll see. You'll see that I had no other choice but to hit your dog with my car.

First of all, I acted on instinct. You see a child running out in front of you, you swerve. Tell me you wouldn't swerve. Tell me. Tell me. See, you can't. I swerved. I hit your dog and once again I am sorry about that, but honestly, wouldn't you rather I killed your dog than a small child? Even a strange one. When it comes down to it, kid versus dog, you gotta kill the dog.

Secondly, perhaps more importantly, your dog should not have been out without a leash. That is on you.

Third...well, look, I'm sorry but there is no way your boyfriend and your dog swapped bodies for a day, on that day of all days, and I really killed your boyfriend instead of your dog. There's no way. No way in hell. You're just trying to get the press and the public's sympathy, because you know you've got no case against me. I wasn't trying to kill your dog. I'm not a menace on the roads. I saved a child's life yesterday.

If you think about it, I'm a hero.



No comments:

Post a Comment