Thursday 30 May 2013

Speechless by Sara Travis

Afterwards, I lay in his arms for hours and traced the lines on his face with my fingers. He pulled the duvet up over us and squeezed me closer. I could feel his heartbeat against my cheek and tangled my legs in his. He lit a cigarette and took long, slow drags, and we watched the curls of smoke drift lazily up towards the open window. His jeans lay in a crumpled heap by the door, my sundress thrown over the back of his chair. The memory of his hands tugging at the zip, slipping the straps down over my shoulders, made my heart swell and burst. I kissed his chest and smiled to myself. He placed a gentle hand under my chin, and lifted my face to his.

There was no need for words; his eyes told me everything I needed to know. And I don’t think I’ll ever love again.



No comments:

Post a Comment