Sunday 12 May 2013

No More Sorrow by Solomon Blaze

‘She’s bleeding out...’ I say to Callum; the love of his laugh dying in his arms.

‘No more sorrow at least, I guess...’ he chokes through a dam of tears.

Kelly’s just splayed out on the floor, unconscious and bleeding to death from a gash in her abdomen that is just gushing out blood; neither of us can really do anything; there’s no point in trying to move her now.

The corridor’s white tiled floor is a paddling pool of oxidized plasma.

Gunshots fire from around the corner behind us. Screams, battle cries and finally a loud crashing noise that tells the two of us He is here.

The whistling starts and a tall figure steps out from round the corner, turning on his heel to face us. He’s handsome – like James Bond turned into a sociopath - with slicked back dyed black hair and a floor length trench coat that drags itself through the river of blood around his feet.

He stops whistling and smiles broadly, ‘so you are here!’ he shouts triumphantly down the hall.

I just get up, thinking fuck this with every inch of my being. Callum’s looking at me as if he wants to protest; he knows he couldn’t, so there’s no point.

‘Whoa-ho-ho-hooo, you look aaaangry!’ He says smacking his lips with his tongue.

I light my hands with the intense heat of Strong Nuclear Force Style; the hallway instantly sets alight with a violent, flickering orange glow.

He floods his hands with the bright electric blue light of the Weak Nuclear Force Style; the hallway is now a haunting violet colour.

The hum of power in this the tight atmosphere is nauseating; the walls and ceiling are cracking and breaking apart with the force of our combined and conflicting Wills.

He raises a curious eyebrow, with a dirty smirk that I’m gonna’ blast off of that disgustingly perfect mug, ‘you suuure you wanna’ do this?’ He says spreading his arms apart as a taunting insult to me, my best friend and –probably dead by now – lover.

I hold his gaze and despite the almost electromagnetic repellent effect of his antagonistic soul, I strut towards him with my fists clenched;

Fuck you...



No comments:

Post a Comment