Tuesday 21 May 2013

Accidentally in Love by Lesley Whyte

"It wasn't supposed to happen this way. I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you."

"What was supposed to happen?"

I sigh. He isn't taking this the right way at all. You'd think I'd just confessed some sort of crime instead of telling him I was in love with him. I mean, sure, starting the conversation with 'I'm running away to Mexico and never coming back, please don't call me,' may not have been the best way to go. But I maintain he's focusing on the wrong thing.

"Just a bit fun, really. You were a distraction."

"Well, I'm glad I could help you out."

"Aren't you listening? You didn't help at all. You completely fucked everything up. You made me fall in love with you."

"Oh, I am so sorry." He snatches up his jacket and leaves.

I don't follow him. It'll just make things worse. I should have ended things weeks ago, when I realised what was going on. This is my fault. But then, he shouldn't have made me fall in love with him.

That's never happened before.



No comments:

Post a Comment