Sunday 12 May 2013

No More Sorrow by Lesley Whyte

You're probably starting to notice things going wrong in your life. I say probably, it's entirely possible that a colossal ass like you hasn't noticed anything. You've always been very insular. Still, you might have noticed, and you might even have wondered if I had anything to do with it. I doubt it, but again, it's possible.

Because you were right, George. As much as it pains me to say those words, you were right. About me, about you, about us. About everything. When you hurt me, when you knocked me to the ground and then kicked me in the stomach for good measure - I'm speaking metaphorically, of course, look it up if you need to - I'd simply curl into a ball and cry. That part isn't a metaphor. You hurt me and I would cry about it. I would be sad, I would wonder what I'd done, how I could fix it. How I could be better. How I could be the person that you deserved. And when I told you that, you told me I was pathetic.

And you were right. You were right, George. It took me a long time to realise it, but now I can see it. And I've changed, George, I swear I've changed. I don't expect you to believe me, I plan to show you. I don't expect you to want me back, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that. The thing is, I don't want you back. I've made so many changes in my life and I just want to say thank you for causing those changes, for making me into this person. Because I like her. She's great. She's also pissed.

So, that's it, really. No more sorrow. You have been warned.

Be seeing you soon,
Natalie.



No comments:

Post a Comment