Monday 3 February 2014

Gravity by Lesley Whyte

"I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation you're in. You can't expect..."

My brain goes spinning off into space. It's a stupid expression, really. What IS the gravity of a situation? I mean, seriously, what does that actually mean? Where does it come from? It's a stupid expression. If we really were in space and there was no gravity, I'd be able to swim away from her super-fast. She'd never catch me. She'd never have managed to get me in her office. I bet I can air-swim a thousand times faster than she can. Of course, I'd have nowhere to go, but still.

She's still talking.

"I'm sorry, what?" I say.

Her lips pinch together. Her eyebrows pinch together. "I think you should probably be paying attention. I mean, you have been arrested for murder."

"I know. And the gravity of the situation is like...super gravity-ish."



No comments:

Post a Comment